Tillman back on Sunday

Nite

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did he have a rehab start? Seems awfully risky to throw him back into the rotation in the middle of a pennant race. Hopefully he is on a short leash and the bullpen is rested and ready if it doesn't go well.

You know, and maybe, he comes out blazing, like the pitcher that went 14-2 in the first part of the season?

Did he have a rehab start? Seems awfully risky to throw him back into the rotation in the middle of a pennant race. Hopefully he is on a short leash and the bullpen is rested and ready if it doesn't go well.

I imagine that Worley or Wilson will be on call, if Tilly doesn't look like he's feeling good.

You know, and maybe, he comes out blazing, like the pitcher that went 14-2 in the first part of the season?

He hasn't thrown a pitch since August 20th when he only went 2 innings. That'll have been 3 weeks ago.

I doubt we can expect much. And I'm actually worried that he'll: be rusty. And rusty Tillman is a mess. Or perhaps worse: he rushed himself back. Players do it all the time.

I'd prefer a rehab start...but I get that we're in a predicament here. But I suppose if it's Tillman or Miley...you do Tillman every time. Especially against Detroit. Miley's 12 H/9 while w/ the O's is sure to increase if he pitched against Detroit in Detroit.

He hasn't thrown a pitch since August 20th when he only went 2 innings. That'll have been 3 weeks ago.

I doubt we can expect much. And I'm actually worried that he'll: be rusty. And rusty Tillman is a mess. Or perhaps worse: he rushed himself back. Players do it all the time.

I'd prefer a rehab start...but I get that we're in a predicament here. But I suppose if it's Tillman or Miley...you do Tillman every time. Especially against Detroit. Miley's 12 H/9 while w/ the O's is sure to increase if he pitched against Detroit in Detroit.

How can they do that? Aren't all the minor league seasons over?

I don't think a sim game really serves the same function as a rehab start. It's much less competitive.

Better than nothing. I really don't like the idea of throwing an injured player directly back into the rotation during a pennant race. Maybe he did a couple of innings that we don't know about?

Archived